Wisconsin has a long history of clean government reforms going back to the 19th Century. Scott Walker has progressively corrupted this state over the past seven years. He broke up one of the best government accountability agencies in the world and tried to gut the state’s open records law. He created and still oversees a giant slush fund in the form of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) to benefit his donors.
Every policy must start with clean government. I will clean up the corruption in Madison. In particular, I will reform the WEDC to a department that makes honest loans by honest standards, without regard to political contributions. I will restore a clean government accountability agency, and I’ll work with journalists, legislators, and citizens to make our state the most transparent in the country.
To restore clean, honest government, we will:
- Reform the WEDC to a department that makes honest loans by honest standards, without regard to political contributions.
- Reaffirm our commitment to open records and transparency in government.
- Create automatic voter registration. Every American citizen living in Wisconsin who gets a license at the DMV will be automatically registered to vote. Licensees would be allowed to opt-out of voter registration if they choose.
- Establish a neutral reapportionment commission to redistrict legislative districts every ten years to prevent partisan legislators from picking their voters, rather than voters picking their legislators.
- Walker’s “Welfare Reform” Approach is Punishment, Not Lifting People Out of Poverty
- Looking Back on the Koch Brother Prank Call
- Matt Flynn Attacks Republicans for Their Corrupt Targeting of Prosecutors and Civil Servants
- Scott Walker Wastes Wisconsin Tax Dollars in Giveaways to Corporations
- Matt Flynn Responds to Scott Walker’s Move to Drug Test Food Stamp Recipients
- Matt Flynn Presses for Automatic Voter Registration
- Matt Flynn Will Restore Voting Rights in Wisconsin
- Matt Flynn Makes Statement on the Corrupt Handling of the Foxconn Contract by Walker’s WEDC